Hello year 3 class and parents/carers,
I hope that you are enjoying your learning experience in Year 3? The year is flying by!
The children are making fantastic progress and we're really proud of how much they are achieving this year.
Just a few gentle reminders...
- Spellings will be issued and tested each Wednesday - please be sure to practise them and to have your spelling book in school each Wednesday.
- Our learning of the times tables is ongoing, please spend time learning them. The more you practise the easier you'll find them. Knowing them really sets you up for future maths learning both at Primary and Secondary school
The order I've been encouraging is: 2x, 5x, 10x, 3x, 4x, 8x, 6x, 7x, 9x, 11x, 12x.
...you'll need to know all of these by the end of year 4, so get cracking with them now to keep on track!
- Swimming lessons will run at Waterfields Pool every Thursday - you are more than welcome to come and watch your children. Lessons start at 9:30.
- PE kits - please make sure your children has their PE kit in school from the start until the end of term. You are welcome to wash it mid-term at the weekend, but they do need it in school every day as you never know when we might squeeze in an extra PE session! Typically PE lessons happen each Tuesday and this term we've also street dance on Fridays.
- If your child attends an after-school club, please be sure that you contact reception if they are unable to attend for any reason. This will avoid any confusion when the after-school register is taken by someone running the session as they will be expecting your child to arrive every week (unless they have been off sick all day).
Please remember that you are welcome to pop in for a chat anytime (after school is usually best as this allows more time) or you can leave a message with the office and I will call after school hours.
Thank you for your continued support towards making this a great year for all of the children in year 3.